or make 4 interest-free payments of $70.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
Rare and detailed, the Elgin Opals are tricky to form a pair due to their scarcity. Both from Elgin, Illinois, they came from an original ladies watch. Both engraved with their individual serial number, which detail their provenance, they are an example of prestigious American watchmaking. After discovering them with parts missing, we remade them with a pair of Australian Opals!
- Individual serial numbers
- E527135 - made in 1937.
- 36570452 - made in 1936.
- 21mm x 12.4mm approx. (Just the mechanism!)
- Sterling Silver 925 Hooks.
- 17 Jewels (Rubies). Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce frictional wear caused by the movement of critical components.
- Inset are opal-doublets, mined and cut and polished locally in Australia. Please keep in mind while we will try our best to use opals that are most matching to the one shown, and no stone is the same. This, like every watch movement, is unique, and keeps each one individual. If you have any questions about the opal, or are interested in other types of opal, please shoot us a message :)
- In our Earrings range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.