Art Deco Swiss-American elegance... with a fiery Australian charm...
- From the German founder Dietrich Gruen, the brand originates from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, whilst all of Gruen's beautifully made engines were from Switzerland.
- (Side note: There was a connection between Rolex and Gruen, back in this period!)
- Engraved in golden script - 'GRUEN WATCH CO', and 'FIFTEEN JEWELS' (see jewel description below).
- Petite size, fitting for a statement piece, with incredible detail...
- 17mm x 9mm (NOT including bail).
- This movement retains its '15 Jewels'. Jewels, in watchmaking, are bearings inset by the watchmaker to reduce mechanical friction caused by the constant movement of connected components.
- Incredibly vivid Australian Opal doublet, comfortably married in to the piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history. For keeps! Enjoy!