A 'piece-unique', this pendant is reborn from a Legendary Swiss Watch, that has been manufacturing since 1832 - Longines, from St Imier in Switzerland. Possibly made for the U.S. market back in the era of the 'post-war boom', you may begin to imagine the backstory of this watch, back in its heyday...
This is a one-off piece.
- Serial No: 9993678 - Made in July 1953!
- Engraved in golden script - 'LONGINES WATCH CO'
- Highest level of polishing and Swiss refinement.
- Approx 20mm diameter.
- 17 Jewels (Rubies). Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce friction caused by the movement of rotating gears. Each of these top jewels are set in a 'Gold Chaton', a ring of gold that acts as a cushion for the ruby, due to their softness... and of course, how very Swiss...!
- Large Opal Doublet with a vivid colour that encompasses almost the whole spectrum. Mined and cut locally in Australia.
++ ONLY ONE AVAILABLE ++
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history. For keeps! Enjoy!