or make 4 interest-free payments of $151.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Inspired by the iconic elliptical dashboard of the Mini Cooper, this timepiece has been translated directly from an element that is instantly recognisable amongst the diehard fans... The chassis, now unusable, is salvaged, cleaned and remade into, and as the dial of this very watch. The physical marks and rawness of the dial literally reflects the metal of the original car.
This sports wristwatch - an unexpected homage - indicates 12hr time; measures up to 1hr with its chronograph function (a sweeping hand is typical reserved for mechanical watches, although this mecha-quartz ; next to a 24hr gauge; and finished with a deep-cut window displaying the date.
- Crafted from a circa 1960's-70's Classic Mini Cooper (the dial will vary with each model!).
- Current Available VIN numbers range between 1969 and 1978, all originally registered in Denmark.
- Case finishing splits polished bezel, brushed case, and textured pushers and crown.
- Stainless Steel Case (316L)
- 44.3mm (W) x 44.3mm (H)
- 36.5mm (Watch Dial Diameter)
- 11.5mm Thickness.
- 22mm Strap Width.
- Weight: 80 Grams
- Sapphire Crystal Glass with Anti-Reflecting (AR) Coating.
- 'QUICK-RELEASE' watch strap, which means there's a tiny toggle on the underbelly of the strap that allows you to swap and interchange with others almost instantly...!
- 5 ATM - 50 Metres Water Resistance.
- Genuine Calf Leather Strap, in Grey, Crocodile Grain (easily interchangeable).
- We cover batteries for up to 1-year of purchase.
- Japanese Mecha-Quartz Chronograph Movement. (For the nerds out there: The seconds hand will 'sweep', not tick!)
THE MARK I MODEL
- All REC Mark I Watches come with a unique Story Card that details where your watch came from, with a history on the car, the owner, and the process!
- 24 Month Full Warranty.
- Free Insured Delivery.
- Handcrafted in Denmark.