The PORSCHE '901'
Rebuilt, re-thought, and re-birthed from the chassis of a classic Porsche 911. The original numbers are used to pay homage to the history between Peugeot and Porsche...!
This wristwatch is the epitome of creative passion and fearless experimentation from the Danish duo. Crafted in Denmark, obsolete 911's from the air-cooled era are carefully attended to, and the best remaining parts of the wreck, transcended into the watch, for the dial.
With the shoulder-line of the iconic silhouette; the grill of the engine vent... the most iconic elements are translated. Our favourite is the homage paid to the original wheel design by Otto Fuchs at the rear of the watch, displaying the drilled brake-disc rotor of the automatic movement, via 5 panels of sapphire crystal... Insane details!
The '901' was the original name of the model before Peugeot had sued Porsche. Peugeot had licensed any model name with the 3 numbers, and specifically 0 in the middle - for example 306, 408, and 901. By that time, Porsche had already manufactured the badges for their cars, and cleverly decided to 'overuse' the number '1'. Now the 911 is concrete in the minds of motor enthusiasts around the globe. We think it's more catchy anyway!
- Up-cycled from a classic, Porsche 911.
- Available VIN from : 1984, 1985. Please note, not every year is available in every colour combination!) Just ask us :)
- With a unique face, every single watch being visibly different.
- Calendar function, with power reserve (matching orange). Displaying Day, Date and Month.
- VIN number plaque on left side of the watch!
- Unique orange colour has been matched to the original colour of a classic 911: Continental Orange.
- Clear see-through case-back. Inspired by the iconic 911 rims designed by Otto Fuchs.
- Superluminova on hands & indices - glowing in the dark! (After prolonged exposure to light during the day.)
- Automatic/self-winding movement - using the super 9100 Japanese Miyota, inlayed with 26 Ruby Jewels. The rotor on the movement is finished to resemble the drilled brake discs of the motorsport realm.
- Solid 316L Stainless Steel Case, with Black PVD Coating.
- Sapphire Crystal Glass with Anti-Reflecting (AR) Coating (Scratch Proof!)
- All about the details - the seconds indices around the outer dial is written in the iconic Porsche font. The Power Reserve Disc at 12o'clock is created resemble the fuel and oil gauge of early 911's.
- 44mm Diameter.
- 13mm Height.
- 37mm Opening Diameter.
- 24mm Lug Width.
- 110 Grams in Weight.
- 'QUICK-RELEASE' watch-strap. A tiny notch on the back of the strap allows you to swap and interchange Watch-Straps instantly, and on the fly.
- 3 ATM - 30 Metres Water Resistance.
- Handcrafted black calf leather strap, with matching Orange stitching - (easily changeable).
THE 901 MODEL
- All REC Porsche 901 Watches come with a unique Story Card with a built in NFC-chip and QR Code. When this card is scanned it links directly to a video that tells the story of the specific salvaged Classic Porsche that became your watch!
- 24 Month Full Warranty.
- Free Insured Delivery.